• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 'Love Hurts' - A Short Black Comedy Film

Howdy everybody! Me and my girlfriend have recently produced a short black comedy film for 'Virgin Media Shorts' and we're trying to stir up more interest. Feedback and ratings would be greatly appreciated! For those who are interested in seeing it go to:

http://virginmediashorts.com/films/film/love-hurts/

bb16dec186e248ec3c1efb17dfc9bebd.JPG

'Love Hurts'
Simon and Mandy are having relationship problems…to put it mildly. They’ve come to see a marriage counsellor in hope of reconciling, or at the very least keep from killing one another. Will this happy-go- lucky counsellor with an expression so calm it disturbs be able to help the troubled couple?

Last edited:
I loved the accents and the rhyming, I thought they were cool and worked well.
The image looks a little stretched. Did you film it in 4:3 and then try blow it out to 16:9?

From a screenwriter's point of view, I liked the originality of the poetry. Also the use of colour in the past and B/W in the present. I just saw "Mulholland Drive" - something like that for the dream sequence would have made it a hell of a lot easier to understand. :)

Thanks for the feedback!
Yes, it was filmed in 4:3, and it was stretched out during the encoding process by the website. We didn't have much time to prepare for the project, finding out about the competition a week before the deadline, so we couldn't really secure a good camera and equipment.
Again, thank you for taking the time to check it out, we really appreciate it!

Back