• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Love: A Mental Illness - Trailer

chilipie

Pro Member
indiePRO
lamilogo.png

Watch the trailer on Vimeo.

--------------------------------------------------

Lucy is a depressed teenage girl into gothic clothing and self-pity. Oscar has been watching her every move for as long as either of them can remember. They've never actually met. Lucy's sadness is beginning to worry Oscar, and when he sees her friends treat her with less respect than she deserves, he takes matters into his own hands.

Written and directed by
Alexander Bennett

Produced by
Alex Smith 1

Editor and Director of Photography
Ollie Craig 2

Music by
Benjamin Merrick

Starring
Nadine Stackhouse
Alexander Bennett
Daniel Barker
Rosie Coxhead
Jamie Pugh
Jess Milton
Sarah Veecock
Yusef Osman
Alex Emberton
and Steven Pashley

A Drunken Fumble Production

1 Smith on Indietalk
2 Me ;)

I think you broke the 180 degree rule @ :28. Also the music is louder than the dialogue in some parts. I think the trailer tells the story really well. I'll be eager to see the final product.:)

Thanks for the comments so far guys,

@ Dready, cheers, we had a theatre technician come down to the set to fill the wood with smoke for us :)

@ Jrsmithson, yeah the rule break is intentional in that scene to convey the frantic pace of the argument (in the actual film there is a shot that spins around them a full 360). + Thanks for pointing that sound issue out, I'm sure Chilipie will take a look at it. Glad that you think we've succeeded in getting across the narrative, it's difficult to realise what people will understand when you are so familiar with the film yourself.

Nice one! Interesting story and lovely cinematography. I particularly liked the final shot with the tree.

Dialogue felt a little forced in places but this may be due to the audio levels, it was hard to hear what the actors were saying at times.

@ mad hatter, Glad you like it. The edit is locked and it's currently in colour correction; the score is halfway through being composed. We are aiming to hit the Raindance Festival early submission period.

I really enjoyed this, especially the final shot. Let me know if it's ever showing in or around London, because I'd love to see the final product :)

I really enjoyed this, especially the final shot. Let me know if it's ever showing in or around London, because I'd love to see the final product :)

Awesome, if we manage to make any of the London festivals I shall give you a buzz :) Might even try and get the director to do something for The Clapper Bored nearer the release date, if you fancy it!

Yes man...

nice work!
Looks like the camera and light are where they're supposed to be. Nice play with colors also.
A long lense combined with a smooth pan...that's when I get hooked. Well done, mate..

And it's black as British!

Cheers sir!

It's been a bit of a marathon - script-writing began early 2009, principal photography in the following summer, pick-ups summer 2010 - but we're slowly getting there.

Back