LOS ANGELES HOSPITAL LOCATION

Need to shoot a couple of days in a hospital in the Los Angeles or even an hour out of the city. Anyone have any prior experience with any of the hospitals who won't charge an arm and a a leg; no pun intended.

Need to shoot a couple of days in a hospital in the Los Angeles or even an hour out of the city. Anyone have any prior experience with any of the hospitals who won't charge an arm and a a leg; no pun intended.

My first short had a hospital scene - almost all the existing sets in town are priced pretty high, and I never found anyone willing to negotiate rates (things may have changed with the economy being the way it is).

I ended up renting a hotel room and dressing it as a hospital by renting a bed, monitor and a couple of props. Cost about $300 for the props and $100 for the hotel room, as opposed to $2 - 5,000 a day at hospitals and existing sets. (Most hospitals also require that you hire one of their security guards for the set, an extra couple of hundred per day.)

But, like I said, the economy is different today, so you might be able to call around and get some better rates. Good luck!

gelder

Back