Looks like I don't have a firewire port...

I just bought my HV40 and I was all excited, only to realize that I don't have a firewire port...

I searched but couldn't really find an exact answer for my situation.

My computer is a HP Pavillion Elite HPE (HPE 510y)

Help is much appreciated...

If you're worried about voiding your warranty, what you do is buy the firewire card and then go to best buy or wherever the official service center associated with your warranty is. Have them install it. You'll have to pay but it should only be like $40.

So uh.. Hate to bring this back up but. Today I got this:

2aan04y.jpg

Opened up my computer and saw this:

200zog9.jpg

grr...............

What exactly do I need to look for when I'm trying to find one that will fit my ports???

Upon research I found that PC cards could be my other option? Although I have no clue what they are, how they work, or if they cut quality.

Help appreciated.. :(

Side note: I ran the video from my camera to my HDPVR and tried to record it with the component cables, and it seemed to loose quality for some reason. But that was just a little of information to share. :weird:

Okay, from your mobo, what you need is a PCI Express (often PCIe) card, rather than a standard PCI card. Wherever you bought the card, you should be able to take it back and exchange it for what you need. Same thing, just slightly different format (faster bus speeds, other technical stuffs, etc, etc)

Okay, from your mobo, what you need is a PCI Express (often PCIe) card, rather than a standard PCI card. Wherever you bought the card, you should be able to take it back and exchange it for what you need. Same thing, just slightly different format (faster bus speeds, other technical stuffs, etc, etc)

Thankyou! I got it off of Amazon, but they have failed to charge my account yet... :hmm:

Back