Looking for footage from a camera getting smashed

As the title.

I'm looking for some footage FROM a camera getting smashed, to put on the end of a film I'm working on. I've managed to simulate it pretty well, but if I can find something better, great. Obviously I'd have to cut it tight to make sure I didn't get any of the footage that was originally being shot, before the camera met it's end.

Preferable a video camera, needs to be royalty free but doesn't have to be free, prepared to pay a small amount $30 or so.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Steven

Could you maybe shoot through a can? Try a number of big or small ones? Crush the can, not the camera....

-- spinner :cool:

Hi Eddie,
that's what I've been looking for, with only a little bit of success.

By the way, I've just finished editing all the footage we shot. And to be honest it don't look half bad. It's a bit rough and ready, but that sort of goes with the film.

Here's a link to the Facebook Group:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=6542111553

There are some stills from the stuff in the woods, unfortunately they came out very dark when I converted them, the actual footage is fine. Some of the stuff on the moors looks cool, but I haven't had a chance to post them yet.

I'll get it to a stage where I can send you a work in progress DVD soon.

shoot through the can you're crushing against a well lit white board, then luma mask out the white when you crush the can...close end of the can is slid through a small slit in some stretchy black fabric to be able to not get white on the outside of the can as you crush it...comp it over your piece, nest the layers together, add some of that video getting unplugged thing at the end (flicker some lines over the footage, then keep them on -every other line of video- then shrink the whole thing into a single point over time. Keyframed animation on the timeline is the way to do that.

What are you using to edit?

As the title.

I'm looking for some footage FROM a camera getting smashed, to put on the end of a film I'm working on. I've managed to simulate it pretty well, but if I can find something better, great. Obviously I'd have to cut it tight to make sure I didn't get any of the footage that was originally being shot, before the camera met it's end.

Preferable a video camera, needs to be royalty free but doesn't have to be free, prepared to pay a small amount $30 or so.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Steven
What a prick.
I'm looking for some footage of a prick being beaten up.

What a prick.
I'm looking for some footage of a prick being beaten up.

Hello Richard, I fail to see how my request has offended you? If I was to give you the benefit of the doubt I would assume that you were commenting that my little effect was a bit cliched?

But seeing as you call me a prick one minute and then send me a PM requesting information on a song the next, I'll assume you're a the kind of person who likes to call people names whilst hiding behind a bush.

P.S. I know the name of that track.

Last edited:
Steve the facebook link says "group unavailable try later" so have you posted the right link? I spend more time on myspace anyway, so perhaps you could set up an account.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the work in progress dvd! Have you got my postal address?

You can also get stock footage off youtube, you just need the right software and an email from the owner saying its alright to use it. Thats what i did while editing My World of Art and we used a shot of Anthea Turner being blown up! lol.

Yeh, I'm getting that too, must be something wrong with it at the moment?

I don't have your address, could you PM me it when you get a chance, or you could just sent it to my email if you've still got it.

Steven

Edited to say, it's working now.

Last edited:
I really like photo 16 on facebook! However i don't remember meeting all those people when the picture was taken though :lol:

I've sent you my address in an email, its looking good!

Back