Looking for a specific camera recommendation

I am shooting my first short in first person pov style. It is a sort of passion project I would really like to do. I am looking for a small, yet very good quality dslr. It must also ave really good image stability for walkling scenes etc, as well as small enough to mount on a helmet. I have around 1400 to spend on a camera lense combination that would look really good in natual lighting.

Cheers eh for any help,
Jon

I am shooting my first short in first person pov style. It is a sort of passion project I would really like to do. I am looking for a small, yet very good quality dslr. It must also ave really good image stability for walkling scenes etc, as well as small enough to mount on a helmet. I have around 1400 to spend on a camera lense combination that would look really good in natual lighting.

Cheers eh for any help,
Jon
GoPro is a line of just such cameras . It is not a DSLR , but does film at Full HD ( 1080 p ) and is used by just about every pro action sports outfit under the sun .http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=go+pro+hd :yes:

+1 for GoPro. Especially GoPro 2. It has a new firmware coming out before the end of summer that will boost recording to 35mbps and add a Techicolor profile. At 127 and 170 degrees (90 degrees also available, all at 1080p), you won't need image stabilization, either.

Haha yeah i was guna make a makeshift mount on a helmet. I will defibatly check out the go pro. For 200 its not a bad deal and as long as it shoots hd and can record really good audio there shouldnt be any problems. Thank you all for the responses.

How do you figure the go pro would do with filming a film?

Go Pro is a digital camera which captures excellent footage. If you've ever watched the X Games you've seen the Go Pro in action. You cannot mount a DSLR to a helmet and walk around expecting to get a steady shot. If you ever accomplish such a feat, you will for sure make the cover of every photography magazine in the world overnight. The Go Pro is an action camera specifically engineered and designed with a helmet mount purposely built to capture POV footage in hostile environments (i.e. violent shaking, high speeds, dust, wind, rain, etc.) I've seen it survive a World Rally Championship, roll over crash at over 130mph, down the side of a mountain in Cypress. This is the camera which is used by professional action sports production companies around the world and broadcast thousands of times every day. The quality is rock solid. The quality of your footage depends on you. There is no camera that will magically make you achieve your desired result. If you want a DSLR for POV shooting in your described scenario, you will need a steady cam rig and a camera op to follow you around. :D

Last edited:
Back