Looking for a movie prop gun for new short

Greetings -

I am filming a short next month in New York and am in need of a movie prop gun. Any ideas as to where to find a prop gun? Nothing fancy or expensive, just something for looks.

Regards,

Chris Cayden :cool:

I got 3 airsoft guns from ebay for about $15 or so plus shipping. They worked pretty well, but they're cheaply made. I recommend painting them with a flat black to give them a less platicy look. you'll want some plastic primer as well to get the paint to take.

Greetings -

I am filming a short next month in New York and am in need of a movie prop gun. Any ideas as to where to find a prop gun? Nothing fancy or expensive, just something for looks.

Regards,

Chris Cayden :cool:
You can also cruise eBay and search for:

rubber gun
training gun

-and find some hard rubber training pistols for sale... They're usually blue, yellow, orange, and red so you would definitely have to paint them black... You can usually find some flat black or gun black paint pretty easily... Also black paint for barbeque cookers that withstands high temperatures looks pretty good.

They're normally pretty cheap and have the heft and feel of the real thing since they're actually molded from the real thing.

filmy

For painting reference, go to the local sporting goods store and ask to see a real gun for reference, bring a flashlight to see how light affects it. This is what I did...I was actually going to do some masking and paint appropriate semi-gloss and flat blacks to get a super real look...then time ran out.

Back