• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch LOGIC - short film

Wow.
That was pretty darn good.

Overwhelmingly, any time I see A) some declaration of a (relatively) young age + B) a five minute short my gut response is "Ugh."
A few out of focus shots aside and a ending that's only a skosh meh, I'm impressed with both the content and production of this.
Very good.
Furthermore, the voice over was also done well.

Just a single technical question:
On your original shots did you notice how the resolution experiences some mild funny pixelation "breathing?" If you pay close attention to a steady image the rez cycles through a gentle crisp-to-slight fuzz-snap to crisp sequence.
I'm having the same issue with my camera's images and wondered both what camera you're using as well as if you have any idea whasupwidat?
It's kind of annoying to me.
I thought it was a telephoto in or out sort of thing or a 720p/1080p sorta thing, but nope. It ain't that.

Ray

Loved the pacing, the entertaining rhythm and the editing.

Also the b&w didn't feel that forced in.

Overall I think this is a short of success. Good job, sir!

i thought the voice over was done well - but i didnt like the voice

i thought the shots were done well - but it wasnt appealing to me (bit too slow for me not my kinda thing)

the fuzzy thing was really annoying and distracted me severely i thought i was about to have an epileptic fit.

but hey i only didnt like the parts because it wasnt my thing, but it was well done.

Thank you!

I shoot on a Cannon Vixia hfs100. And all the editing is done in FCE.

I'm guessing its the export, or more likely just the upload/playing of it on youtube. The original shots don't seem to have the fuzzy thing. Anyone have any other ideas on whats causing it?

Nope, it isn't the export to YT.
I can see it on my originals from a Sanyo Xacti 1010, which has the same size sensor and might be the culprit due to some processing limitation thingamajig.
Take a closer look at your originals on full screen @ max rez.
It cycles about 1.5secs and is most evident on still shots.

Rats.

Anyone else see it or know what it is?

Back