Location we found in PA, close to NYC

Howdy!

So, we were looking for a place that we could shoot a small short for an IndieGoGo promotion (http://youtu.be/sgAQqlYn-vo that's the actual video we shot). It had to be all-encompassing and offer me choices by way of scenery change. That's when we stumbled onto the Mansion House.

If you drive west from New York City on I-80, within about 1.5 hours (depending on how fast you drive), you'll come really close to this location. The Kresge mansion is this HUGE place with everything from a bar, to numerous rooms that can be used for anything! Empty rooms. Parlor rooms. We filmed in several of these spots throughout the house and had no issues what-so-ever. It was a pretty interesting find.

The owner was willing to work with indie productions and helped us out tremendously! A genuinely nice guy. We had to pay a little. VERY little, compared to what I paid for other locations!! Once I talked with him again, I told him I would create a page for people to see the mansion.

So, if you're in PA, NJ, NYC, even MD or somewhere up in New England, check this place out. I would say it's cool for anyone in the mid-Atlantic, especially if you consider that the place can double as your place to stay while filming!! It could handle a huge cast and crew!!

pafilms.com/mansion

Back