little imperfections

I think it's safe to assume that many women love men with character, personality, and intelligence...or am I a freak of nature?

Not at all. In fact I think this is the point. A good director should be all of those things, I don't think that it's just that women are attracted to powerful people, it's just that the skills a good director should have, the ability to listen, talk about character's emotional lives with a level of understanding and self confidence are just attractive traits.

Good directors are sexy, attractive people. This applies to women directors as well. And these personality traits will overcome any slight physical defects (Although it does help to be gorgeous and have a great voice). Even the elephant man pulled, because of his inherent humanity and ulitmately his vunerablilty.

Er, so I think my point is that the main reason for learning to become a good director is because you get to be sexy and attractive, even if physically you're not.

Of course as I'm cursed with dashing good looks, a fantastically deep voice and incredible dress sense, I've never had to test these theories out. :lol:

That is assuming of course that males have indeed developed a reasoning brain.

LOL! Ya got me there, Mikey D. We'd probably be pretty pressed to find a control group amongst either sex to measure one or the other group's reasoning capabilities :D .

Clive said:
Er, so I think my point is that the main reason for learning to become a good director is because you get to be sexy and attractive, even if physically you're not.

Would a director's sex appeal/attractiveness multiply exponentially if he/she used FILM? :hmm:

Lets get into some Freudian analogy then. Maybe the subconscious reason for men being directors in the first place is to become appealing to women and diminish any minor physical imperfections of their own. It is like John Cleese said... The only reason I got into this business in first place was to get women. He said afterwards that things didn't go to plan.

Back