• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Lip-Stick, my new silent comedy

388233376_0a09d78faa_o.jpg

"Lip-Stick" my newest silent film shot on Super 8 is now online for your viewing pleasure. It was a lot of fun making it and I hope you'll enjoy it.
Click here to view Lip-Stick.

In this silent film we find the "little fellow" up to his old tricks. But along the way he meets a girl named Ruby that really "sticks" to him.
Find out what happens in this tribute film to the great Charlie Chaplin.
(This being the 30th Anniversay of Chaplin's death 1977-2007)

SHOT on SUPER 8! This is a "REEL" FILM folks!
Cast-
Damian Blake-The Little Fellow
Charla Phillips-Ruby
Laura Blake-Wanda
Cohen Phillips-Arthur

Starts well...could barely see anything after all the flash compression, I spent more time looking at the compression blocks than the film. I'd love to see a higher rez version of it. What was cost for stock + developing + telecine (and was it 'cine'd to edit with, or razor'n'taped)? Nice job on keeping with the theme in the edit as well, lingered on the shots.

Ah, I love silents. And this one was just perfect. I laughed out loud!

Tree Burn

I have to agree with Knightly, though, we need a high-res download. Google's ultra-low-bandwidth flash compression destroys the video. Archive.org will host it for free.

Nice work, Cohen! I thought the
dog who saved the day
was a great touch. I agree that it was a bit hard to see what was going on, but in a way -- that might have helped give it the antique look. The important thing is -- you did it. Congratulations!

Back