Line Producer?

What is the going rate for a line producer/upm? Looking at a budget of under $20,000.

How many days is the shoot? In my neck of the woods, a line producer is about $750 p/d. For an ultra low budget film you can probably pay about $150 p/d. Go for the best line producer you can afford. They will save save save so much time and money if they're good.

Whose Mr.McArrick?

Andrew McCarrick is a former (banned) member of this and other filmmaking forums. He strolls in with big talk of multi-million-dollar projects that are sure to take off, while at the same time complaining that he can't raise any money or even get a job to save up. When he gets called out for his BS, he throws massive fits, insults the forum and its members, then tries to delete any trace of what he was up to by deleting his posts (despite the fact that plenty of pieces are preserved through quotes in the posts of other members).

The worst part of it is that he recently ran a crowd-funding campaign after duping another filmmaking forum member into believing that he was a skilled producer capable of making her screenplay reality with A-listers and a huge budget, then raised approximately $3400 and shut the project down. The screenwriter, whose film was at the heart of it, has not seen any of the money (and likely never will) and yet there's no account of where it ended up. This whole process kicked down an innocent person who just wanted to believe that someone was going to produce her script, and may even have left a mark on her reputation if by nothing else than association.

After that, Andrew tried to erase any traces of himself on the Internet by deleting web pages, changing his name on some Internet and social media profiles, and deleting as many forum posts as he could before being banned. He doesn't do a very good job of covering his tracks, though, and every new profile comes with the same kind of questions about how to finance, where to find money, etc. It's bad enough to destroy someone else's brainchild and possibly even reputation, and to take off with the money after that... but to try and "disappear" takes it to a completely different level. To stroll back in under an alias is just downright brazen.

The confusion to think that you might be this person must be my mistake. "Kevin Vega" is an alias previously used by McCarrick, even in the middle of the crowd funding mentioned above (since he used it to post on another forum where he'd been banned... several times). He also lives in Egg Harbor Township, NJ. You're listed as living in Philadelphia, a whole 54 miles away, since July of last year.

I guess I was more confused by your ebay listings posted in the sales forum (conveniently deleted this evening, I might add), that included Zildjian cymbals. McCarrick is a drummer, so that was something. Of course, your sales posts on your brand new eBay account list you in Egg Harbor Township, so... yeah. My mistake, right?

Even though you've deleted your sales postings and marked them as "sold", as of this writing the cymbals are still active auctions.

By the way, nice touch misspelling your own last name in your previous post. How long until you replace all the fraudulent bio information on your profile with your signature "please delete account"? I wouldn't waste my time on something like this, except that one good person is now out money and a bit of hope and confidence. We have to keep these communities safe and productive, right?

Last edited:
Back