• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Lighting Kit Recommendations Please

In order to soften light you have to increase the size of the light source. Bounce or diffusion. Cheap LED's (and expensive ones as well but not as bad) have horrendous CRI. Chinese knock offs are pretty bad. You can get used lights which will be much better and considerably cheap.

how would you go about diffusing an LED like that ? although it sounds like it's a bad idea and i should be scouring ebay for used lights instead

i looked up this stuff on wikipedia, damn there was a lot of calculus. i don't think that's quite what I signed up for :lol:

how would you go about diffusing an LED like that ? although it sounds like it's a bad idea and i should be scouring ebay for used lights instead

i looked up this stuff on wikipedia, damn there was a lot of calculus. i don't think that's quite what I signed up for :lol:

LED is no different from any other light,you can bounce or diffuse as normal,even easier as heat is less of an issue

Back