• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Lighting Help

Hi everyone, I need lighting advice. First of all, I am new here, just found while looking for lighting advice, and I really enjoy being here..
I have attached a picture. You see the final video lighting at the top left. This final shot was shot earlier. There is also a link to the video itself. What I want to do is to recreate this scene again in the same kitchen but I need lighting advice. I want to achieve the same lighting (I assume it is good) or better.

I am using 4×120″ Kino Flos. I will take the table and put the camera there..
I am also using black magic 4k with 21-35-50 mm zeiss cp.2 lenses.. (crop factor is 1.5 or 1.6 I think)

I appreciate any help since I am really a beginner about lighting. I am going to shoot this on tuesday, I am also planning to post the final shot here.. So you can see your own help too :)

Thanks a lot..

Here is the video I am trying to achieve:
http://www.emre.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/lighting.mp4

setup.jpg

Depending on which way is north and the time of day, you may only need to do some front screen left fill on the subject as the two big windows will provide cross light for you. The screen right key seems to be window light in the provided image, or may be lights outside the window based on the amount of specular hi lights of the reflectives in the shot. There might be a light high and relatively close screen left providing hair light separation ( or the sun is screen left providing greater illumination levels on that side and cheating the actor to angle them to it well ). Fairly evenly lit, so you'll need to make sure to be careful with light strengths and/or distances to balance them appropriately.

Back