• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Light Of Eden < Short Film

Hey guys, just wanted to share the first part of the movie.

n75303527_32637695_4751.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymmAi_TEecs < YOUTUBE! Click HD!

Will be releasing the rest next week after our local premiere!

Hope you enjoy!
- Fred

Last edited:
Ahh...very cool!!

Is this intended to be a full-length movie? (BTW, I'm asking these questions b/c I would like to do this someday)
Did you shoot on location?
In the very beginning, are you actually filming the part where it shows the walls? How did you do it?
What editing program did you use?
What camera did you use?

Anyways, the fact that it's getting premiered, is awesome.

Very good job.

Ahh...very cool!!

Is this intended to be a full-length movie? (BTW, I'm asking these questions b/c I would like to do this someday)
Did you shoot on location?
In the very beginning, are you actually filming the part where it shows the walls? How did you do it?
What editing program did you use?
What camera did you use?

Anyways, the fact that it's getting premiered, is awesome.

Very good job.

Hey! Thanks for your post- the film is not a full length feature- it's going to be about 25 minutes give or take. We did not shoot on location, we shot in Florida and matted the Egypt scenes - we have no budget- but filming on location would have been sweet. The beginning shots were stills that I manipulated to make what you saw. The only programs I used were Adobe Photoshop/Premiere/After Effects. I shot on an XL2.

Thanks and keep on watching!

-FC

This has some fantastic photography and cinematography...especially in the opening sequence. This was shot on the XL2? Where did you get the DOF from? Did you get adapters and lenses or was the DOF done all in post?

Great composite work.

I think it looks really nice. I'm not a huge fan of the VO guy...but it's not that distracting.

Last edited:
This has some fantastic photography and cinematography...especially in the opening sequence. This was shot on the XL2? Where did you get the DOF from? Did you get adapters and lenses or was the DOF done all in post?

Great composite work.

I think it looks really nice. I'm not a huge fan of the VO guy...but it's not that distracting.

My apologizes...
This was an XL2, no adapters...just some done in After effects with the fake scenes that didn't require camera work at all.

You know i really don't know about the VO anymore cuz we've tried it several times and can't seem to find the perfect one everyone likes. I guess this is just one of those things..
Thanks for watching!

That's incredible especially for an XL2. Great job.

You should look into getting a sound man to manipulate the VO. They could make it sound better. Since its a short, you won't have to pay, just send them the AIF.

I think the problem with the VO is, it's trying to sound like that VO guy that's everywhere.

But, just as it is, great work.

This was very cool - well done indeed! The opening titles are niiiice and slick. Im a fan of extreme grading like this too, instantly looks like a higher end movie. Look forward to the rest!

That looks pretty sweet. :cool:

Hopping on the VO bandwagon, as well, though. Too much of it, imo. Just seems that onve you're past the intro/background, it shouldn't be necessary to explain what we're currently seeing. Anyways. Just my opinion.

The rest looks really well done. Good luck with it. :)

Back