Life of Pi

I rarely come on this website, but after watching "The Life of Pi" I am compelled to share my thoughts on it.

IT IS AMAZING!

The visuals alone make it worth every penny, and it makes great use of 3D. The story and plot of survival between a man and a ferocious tiger is even better. It takes on the subject of religion without being preachy and it lets you make up your decision on what to believe.

I am not easily impressed when it comes to movies so please take my advice.

"Pi" is a masterpiece.

Here in India the PRESS is going gaga over the movie and all the actors are giving wondorous
statements about working with Ang lee

The visuals alone make it worth every penny, and it makes great use of 3D. The story and plot of survival between a man and a ferocious tiger is even better. It takes on the subject of religion without being preachy and it lets you make up your decision on what to believe.

I'm with you. The visuals -- WOW! It's jaw-dropping, over and over again.

And everyone who thinks Scorecese put the 3D format to good use in Hugo -- you need to see Pi.

The story kept me entertained, but it didn't completely wrap me around it, so I'll definitely give it a good recommendation, but it's not a great movie in my book. That being said, the religious/philosophical stuff really stuck with me, and kept my head twirling for a couple days, and there's definitely something to be said for that.

The only other Ang Lee movie I've seen is Hulk, and I liked that one a lot. This makes me want to watch the rest of his body of work.

The only other Ang Lee movie I've seen is Hulk...

What?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dude.

Dude?

Duuuuuuude.

:P

See them. See Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon as soon as you can. Well, anyway, you have some good Ang Lee film viewing ahead of you, at the least.

Last edited:
Oh, hehe. Brain fart. I've seen both Crouching Tiger and Brokeback, both of which I really like. It's his other movies I need to see. :)

Back