• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch ''Let Go'' Short Film

So this is my latest work. The audio is in portuguese, but i atempted to put english subtitles so everyone can see it, but i'm sorry if they're not grammatically correct. Oh and yeah, yeah, i know, i quoted J.K. Rowling ahah. What would you guys change? :)

https://vimeo.com/45533591

i've noticed that nobody really wants to leave feedback on other people's work on this forum... anyway, I thought the short was fantastic... excellent lighting... composition... the actors did well... and i usually don't watch anything foreign, as i hate reading subtitles, but this was great!

Acting's flat
Audio's dodgy (and that shovel from 2:00 to 3:10-ish?)
Color grading is green. Really really green.
Blown-out highlights
Lens needs cleaning, btw

The reveal at 4:30-ish was quite well done. Simple but effective technique. :cool:

I've seen this film hundreds of times before. It's a very common theme for young first-time filmmakers. Difficult to make one stand out.

What's next? :)

I agree with zensteve, audio does need some work, but i quite liked the blown out highlights - there is a subtitle that is at 3.31 'teared' I think it should be 'tore' little thing.

A good start point for me, take the advice and just clean it up a bit.

Also liked the reveal and i did like the use of the train as the crux of the story.

good job.

Back