Lenzhound - open source DSLR follow focus - Kickstarter

Hey fellow independent film makers,

Today my company launched a Kickstarter campaign to bring a new wireless follow focus system to market,
the Lenzhound Wireless Lens Control System.

The campaign is now live at http://kck.st/1fmWNnN. An "Earliest Bird" promotional pledge of $250 or more will earn 25 backers the complete Lenzhound System, including remote control, receiver unit with motor, 12v battery pack, USB cable and lens belt.

We really are excited about this product and look forward to bringing wireless follow focus technology within reach of many DSLR film makers.

I'd love your feedback, support, and to answer any questions. I can also be contacted directly via email at daniel(at)motiondogs.com.

Productshot-thumb.jpg

IMG_6755-thumb.jpg

You can currently reserve a system on Kickstarter as an EARLY BIRD backer for $299, we do not have a final retail price set yet.

I'd look into this as a cheap wireless FF alternative if you could put real focus gears on it..

We started with gears and we have a couple of sets of PL mount primes and some zooms. But we went with the belt idea for this DSLR offer. It's simpler and honestly it's pretty effective. Unless you have an AC whose really great at slotting in the next lens, the belt really doesn't add that much time to swapping lenses.

A few others have asked this question as well so if we gain enough support we may offer a geared system for cinema lenses for a slightly higher price as gears, bearings, and bushings will raise production costs a bit.

Thank you for your feedback!

Looks awesome! $250 is a fantastic price even at moderate quality. Wish I had it, but I'll extend my good thoughts to your endeavor… I'd love to have this on the end of my crane system!

congrats on a near 2x successful campaign! Your almost twice your goal! That's pretty fantastic!

Beyond meeting your pledge requirements, do you plan to sell this project at low retail prices, say $250? All the $250 pledges are gone.

Back