Lense(s) question (1.6x)

I bought a t2i not that long ago with the kit lens. 18-55 f/3.5. I also got a Canon 50mm f/1.8
Now I'm thinking about buying another lense thats a little faster than the kit lens. My budget is not too much, around 300-400max. So im debating these two:

Sigma 17-70mm f/2.8-4.5 DC IF Macro Lens (covers more ground, gives me wider angle etc)

Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 Wide Angle Lens ( should be sharper because its prime, advantage of keeping my lenses the same brand).

Any input on this?

Ideally id be looking to save up for a Tokina 11-16mm

but if you dont have the time or money

i would personally go for the 24mm bc 1) i have used it, you can get some great shots with it 2) i already have longer lenses so that end is covered

but it really depends on what you are planning to shoot. if u r in tight spaces and need wider coverage, a 24mm on a 1.6 might not be enough for u. 17 might be better for ur situation and it will also give you longer focal lengths for your overall range since you just have a 50mm.
the thing is ive never used that sigma so i cant say much about it.

im sure other ppl who have used both can give a better answer.

i recommend looking at what you want to film and deciding according to that.

When it comes to lenses, I'm not the best at giving advice about Canon's cameras because I use nikons. I not sure whether you can use a Sigma lense without an adapter or not but I would almost always buy a lense built for the camera you have. A canon camera will always work better with a canon lense because the company made them to work together. Any difference and you can compromise image quality.

Back