favorite Least favorite part of the process?

We all love filmmaking (obviously), but do you have a specific process (in pre, shoot, or post) that u DONT look forward to and try to avoid til the last moment??

For me it's shooting script breakdown and creating a shot list.. Ugh! Taking forever!

Well, since I do only audio post...

Organizing the OMF files - especially on a feature.

A very, very close second is conforming the audio to a new edit, especially when an EDL is not provided.

Music, not film, but I think it applies to all you film folks:

All the actual work I do, I absolutely love, even the tedious bits. What I hate is promotion. Getting jobs, selling myself. Once I've completed something, getting others to want to listen to it. Setting up shows...getting people to come to those shows...I hate it, I suck at it and I need to learn to do it better.

Burying the dead hookers has always been quite the chore.

Oh, that and doing all the organizational stuff of a producer. I wish I could just direct. Really looking forward to having at least a co-producer. I also don't find syncing audio to be particularly fun.

I have a personal resentment towards editing.... It's like everytime I edit, I grow to LOATHE this project that i used to think would be the best thing since Apple Pie.... I think it's because when you edit, you are sort of watching the same movie OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER again...

I honestly never enjoy my projects until weeks after they have finished editing, sometimes months... I require feedback from other people to tell if it is any good or not. But I always love the writing and acting part of the process

Back