Layout For A Web Page Series Promo

How is this looking so far?

Redefining “Family” … Again?

If you think modern families are becoming too strange for the traditionalist, “Family” will be even stranger when they walk among us.

156238_387110734692433_874783657_n.jpg

As AI beings surpass humans, they will be seen as a job threat, a species threat, and the end of human domination. Humans created the first generation and brought them into their world. Will humans pull a Doctor Frankenstein and abandon them where they will have to discover the world alone? Or, will humans take responsibility and nourish them and raise them as their own children? They can be our greatest weapons and protectors, us supersized, or our worse nightmares.

As we start to explore outer space beyond our solar system, AI will play a bigger role in probes and robots travelling beyond the range of human interaction where machines will have to think for themselves and adopt to change.

Once AI starts building better versions of themselves without human assistance, their evolution will be exponential. What will they evolve into? AC (artificial consciousness) merging with AI in the future is inevitable. Machines with consciousnesses, convictions, beliefs, likes and dislikes, a taste in the arts, and out of the box thinking are the future of things to come with AI.

What will it take for the humans living among these thinking machines to realize the value of an AI being’s life?

This series will feature first and second generation AI machines. The original model of their artificial “brains” is the human brain. The second generation AI machines and cyborgs have the advantage of improved memory capacity, greater speed in information processing, photographic memories, and modified emotions to exceed human limitations.

Some believe by the year 2020, AI will surpass human intelligence and the machines will want their place in a world humans will bring them into. Get ready for AI with …

I, Creator – The Series
5 minute series preview.
I, Creator 3 – The Singularity
(Screenplay Available)
(Story Bible Available)​

Last edited:
I just want to comment that I laid this out with Microsoft Word and imported it into Adobe Dreamweaver. This procedure makes creating a web page a breeze. I am waiting on the trailer to come back mixed with the music score before I add it to the page. And, I am revising the story bible with new improvements.

So the layout is the picture + the text? How does it look on the actual website?

I'm not very good at designing websites myself, but I have had good experiences using Photoshop.

It's simple, you desing the website in photoshop, use the slicing tool to slice the design into different sections, import it to Dreamweaver or a similar program and add content, links etc.

Also I have seen many good looking websites that are using blogger and a custom layout, it's easy and free, there are plenty of great looking designs available for free to use on blogger.

I have blogs on three different sites and a rarely used one here as a forth.

A web page or web site is created to be an Internet business card, as my IT friends woulf point out. So, the purpose is different.

I created this web page for the pilot film http://www.cvkproductions.com/ICreator2Promo.html

I created it with the table layout features of Adobe Dreamweaver.

I'm using a different approach for the new web page originating it with Microsoft Word and importing it into Adobe Dreamweaver.

In their film review, Rogue Cinema Magazine even links readers to visit the web page to get more information. http://www.roguecinema.com/article3313.html

So, I'm not blogging, I'm looking to create an "Internet Business Card" about the coming series I can link directors of development, programming execs, and distributors to check out.

I have blogs on three different sites and a rarely used one here as a forth.

A web page or web site is created to be an Internet business card, as my IT friends woulf point out. So, the purpose is different.

I created this web page for the pilot film http://www.cvkproductions.com/ICreator2Promo.html

I created it with the table layout features of Adobe Dreamweaver.

I'm using a different approach for the new web page originating it with Microsoft Word and importing it into Adobe Dreamweaver.

In their film review, Rogue Cinema Magazine even links readers to visit the web page to get more information. http://www.roguecinema.com/article3313.html

So, I'm not blogging, I'm looking to create an "Internet Business Card" about the coming series I can link directors of development, programming execs, and distributors to check out.

The reason so many people are using blogs, is that they are easy to set up, it's easy to update them and the custom layouts make them look like "real" professional websites, not blogs.
Also people can subscribe to your RSS feed, so everytime you post something new, they get a notification.

Many people follow independent film projects on FB, twitter and on different blogs, because they are interested in seeing all of the behind the scenes stuff, this way they feel that they are a part of the process.
Nobody is going to visit a website more than once, if the content isn't constantly changing. If you offer people updates, contests, ask their opinions, their contributions etc. and genuinely keep in touch with them, they will be back again and again.
A facebook and a twitter account is almost a must for an independent filmmaker these days, certainly if you are trying to build a fanbase.

You are one of the more prominant posters here on Indietalk, I bet there would be an audience for you out there on FB, Twitter and the blogosphere too.

If you are interested in templates, there are lots of templates for Microsoft Word and Office. I just found some templates that came with Adobe Dreamweaver.

The more time I spend with it, the better it will get. There are lots of books on page layout too.

If you are interested in templates, there are lots of templates for Microsoft Word and Office. I just found some templates that came with Adobe Dreamweaver.

The more time I spend with it, the better it will get. There are lots of books on page layout too.

Fair enough. It's just that you have talked earlier about how one of your goals is to get fans and grow a respectable sized fanbase, and social media sites are meant for that, especially FB and twitter.

Microsoft word isn't really meant to be used for creating websites, you CAN do it, but it's not ideal.

With facebook and twitter, you can not only create pages fast and easy, but people who are interested in your project can like and follow your pages, and every time you post something, they see it (well, realistically only some of them do, but still).

How can you build a fanbase with only a website? Sure you can put up a mailing list so they can subscribe to your newsletter, but far more people are more likely to "like" or follow you than subscribe to a newsletter.

That's not to say that you still can't have your basic website, it's a good place to showcase every aspect of your project in one place, but people aren't going to come back looking for updates, on Facebook and twitter they will.

I would say this, any independent filmmaker should have the following: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and a website. If your website is also your blog, that's great, since people can subscribe to your RSS feed.

There are many effective softwares you can use with twitter. For example you are making a Sci-Fi TV show/movie, you can search for users that have certain keywords in their description like "sci-fi, science fiction, movies" etc. and you can follow them, if they find your twitter interesting they will follow you back.
Many independent filmmakers, artists and entrepreneurs use these tools, and they are effective. Many of the fans from twitter will come to your facebook, blog and website too, if you offer them interesting content.

You have to find your fans and audience, they won't come to you.

I should also say, this is not only useful for finding fans, but also for crew members.

I have a friend who says he's gotten maybe dozens if not over a hundred messages on his movie's FB and twitter from actors, grips, sound recordists, make-up artists PA's you name it, who want to be involved in his movie.

Last edited:
You should consider switching over to Wordpress. It is a blogging platform with plugins and templates galore. I am currently using it for my website. Of course, I build my own templates. This one is a place holder until I reboot in mid-late November.

http://Lyndrick.com

Fair enough. It's just that you have talked earlier about how one of your goals is to get fans and grow a respectable sized fanbase, and social media sites are meant for that, especially FB and twitter.

Microsoft word isn't really meant to be used for creating websites, you CAN do it, but it's not ideal.

With facebook and twitter, you can not only create pages fast and easy, but people who are interested in your project can like and follow your pages, and every time you post something, they see it (well, realistically only some of them do, but still).

How can you build a fanbase with only a website? Sure you can put up a mailing list so they can subscribe to your newsletter, but far more people are more likely to "like" or follow you than subscribe to a newsletter.

That's not to say that you still can't have your basic website, it's a good place to showcase every aspect of your project in one place, but people aren't going to come back looking for updates, on Facebook and twitter they will.

I would say this, any independent filmmaker should have the following: Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and a website. If your website is also your blog, that's great, since people can subscribe to your RSS feed.

There are many effective softwares you can use with twitter. For example you are making a Sci-Fi TV show/movie, you can search for users that have certain keywords in their description like "sci-fi, science fiction, movies" etc. and you can follow them, if they find your twitter interesting they will follow you back.
Many independent filmmakers, artists and entrepreneurs use these tools, and they are effective. Many of the fans from twitter will come to your facebook, blog and website too, if you offer them interesting content.

You have to find your fans and audience, they won't come to you.

I should also say, this is not only useful for finding fans, but also for crew members.

I have a friend who says he's gotten maybe dozens if not over a hundred messages on his movie's FB and twitter from actors, grips, sound recordists, make-up artists PA's you name it, who want to be involved in his movie.

A fan base requires advertising, besides Twitter, FaceBook, and Google+.

I am actively looking for sites where the fans go.

I also have to agree with the new DP who happens to be Japanese when he urges me to market this series and production in Japan. He tells me he grew up with stuff like this and believes it will do well in Japan.

Last edited:
A fan base requires advertising, besides Twitter, FaceBook, and Google+.

I am actively looking for sites where the fans go.

I also have to agree with the new DP who happens to be Japanese when he urges me to market this series and production in Japan. He tells me he grew up with stuff like this and believes it will do well in Japan.

Traditional advertising is good if you have a product to sell, for the purposes of acquiring fans, not so much.

Besides, advertising costs money, social media is free.

You don't have to look for sites where the fans go no more, they're all on Twitter and Facebook.

Here's a couple of articles about independent filmmaking and social media:

http://www.pbs.org/pov/blog/2012/04/6-golden-rules-for-filmmakers-on-social-media/
http://www.pointburst.com/social-media-independent-filmmakers-greatest-marketing-tool/

Television networks are setting up fan sites where fans can make their own posts ans interact and a moderator asks them about the latest weekly installment in the series.

Fans are attracted to the characters even more than the actors from what I've seen on these boards. They also like good story and suspense. A good character in a good script with good acting creating suspense and thrills is very important.

ShowTime is even starting Dexter Disciples for Dexter.

Television networks are setting up fan sites where fans can make their own posts ans interact and a moderator asks them about the latest weekly installment in the series.

Fans are attracted to the characters even more than the actors from what I've seen on these boards. They also like good story and suspense. A good character in a good script with good acting creating suspense and thrills is very important.

ShowTime is even starting Dexter Disciples for Dexter.

Yes, but what does this have to do with you?

They do it for the same purpose of building a fan base.

I did a free showing of my film for a week, advertising on Fan sites, FB, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and even here. There were over 135 views for the film that week. One fan liked it so much, he is following the Modern Day Myth Productions page on FB and asked if it is available on DVD. He loves the Colonel Azzurra Vs. Silver Demon Hunter fight and said so on the MDMP page.

I am planning another free showing for a week during the holidays before the year is out.

All the discussion of platforms & social media aside - from a design/layout standpoint this isn't even close yet. My first reaction is that it looks like a site built sometime in the mid-90's, prior to the widespread application of design to the web.

Don't take this the wrong way, but to be honest it's clear to me that you don't have the design or technical skills necessary to produce a reasonably well designed and modern web site. Most people don't - and that's why most people either hire a good web designer or use templates that have been built by a good web designer. You really should consider one of these two options.

Back