• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Las Vegas IndieMeet - May, 2010

This really embodies the spirit and community of indie film making to me.

Thanks, Buddy! What you wrote reminds me of a post from one of the other attendees (Jason Kelly), he wrote:

I must say, these indiemeets get better and better each year.

Its not about the demonstrations, the films, or even the learning experiences you gain with talking to all the other filmmakers and business people in the industry that show up and give advice on things that have gotten them where they are today-- its the people themselves.

I can go on and on about the ideas and advice given at these meets, but when it comes right down to it, its the friendships that become in this environment and setting. No other filmmakers expo can compare in the ways that Indiemeet has given to the film community.

Its comfortable, its informative, fun, and most of all friendly. There are no worries to out do the others that arrive to show what they've brought to screen. There are no reasons to fear youre not good enough to speak your mind on subjects you might not fully understand and grasped and achieved.

To the indiemeet, its come as you are, not who you think you should be.

Its impressive to stand against the wall in the backyard where the films are shown and look out amongst the crowd, watching all the different genres of people form groups and discuss things, bullshit, and have fun. Constantly mingling, constantly changing, and always welcoming more subjects to join in on.

All in all, its been a great experience. Cant wait for next year already.

"Come as you are." That's it.

EDIT: Here's a cool shot of Jason Kelly, sitting in the foreground of this full moon pic:

29954_404312464667_851014667_4068313_2981886_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back