• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Kamikaze Bunny - Action Short Film

hey guys ive put a lot of time into this film let me know what you think!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR-ojXJyabU?hd=1

love the bunny...

It was way over the top.. unrealistic as heck but fun anyway. Your AE kunkfu is strong.

way too long. This should have moved very fast, too much time between the setup and the punch line if you know what I mean.. its like a moderately funny joke, told badly. A REALLY funny joke can survive a less then stellar telling, but a less then great joke requires good timing.

EDIT:

I hope your locking your edit before you start on the AE, you dont want to waste one second of post effort on shots that get cut.

Your AE SFX are bloody awesome!

I'm agreeing with Wheat the story is tepid, but I promise I recognize all the planning and prep work that went into the principle photography + the ridiculous amount of time you must've put into post work.

Branch beyond muzzle flashes and (lame-O) blood clouds and pretty soon you'll have a very nice demo reel for your SFX Post Production business.

Should consider working on a rate sheet.

Can you give us some principle photography tech specs?
Resolution, frames per second, aperture settings, etc. ?
Did you shoot this specifically to go on YT or do you consider other formats as well?

To me the slow dolly-in shot on the "minaret" (making good use of that abandoned airfield, eh! Kudos!) was by far the coolest shot included.
Did you use your gift slider for that or other device?

TIA!

Last edited:
Your AE SFX are bloody awesome!

I'm agreeing with Wheat the story is tepid, but I promise I recognize all the planning and prep work that went into the principle photography + the ridiculous amount of time you must've put into post work.

Branch beyond muzzle flashes and (lame-O) blood clouds and pretty soon you'll have a very nice demo reel for your SFX Post Production business.

Should consider working on a rate sheet.

Can you give us some principle photography tech specs?
Resolution, frames per second, aperture settings, etc. ?
Did you shoot this specifically to go on YT or do you consider other formats as well?

To me the slow dolly-in shot on the "minaret" (making good use of that abandoned airfield, eh! Kudos!) was by far the coolest shot included.
Did you use your gift slider for that or other device?

TIA!

Thanks, i'm glad you liked the VFX.

As for the photography tech specs:
resolution 1920*1080 (full hd, progressive)
frame rate: 24fps, but edited and rendered at 23.976
as for the aperture, I stayed at 12ish-24ish (I set it without really noting what it is) for most of the film, but the shots within the bunker I went with a 3.5 because it was a lot darker. iso stayed constant at 100.

me thinks so too :)

Also, If I have to watch boys shooting at each other for so long, at least I wanna know WHY they do it.

love the bunny...

It was way over the top.. unrealistic as heck but fun anyway. Your AE kunkfu is strong.

way too long. This should have moved very fast, too much time between the setup and the punch line if you know what I mean.. its like a moderately funny joke, told badly. A REALLY funny joke can survive a less then stellar telling, but a less then great joke requires good timing.

EDIT:

I hope your locking your edit before you start on the AE, you dont want to waste one second of post effort on shots that get cut.

I agree with both of you, it did seem a bit long before the bunny even came in, which isn't good considering the fact that the bunny was the subject of the whole video. Long story short: things didn't work out in real life as I had imagined in my head...

hahaha i loved it. Is it hard to produce such effects in AE? Also can this be done in FinalCut? Probably not but im just curious

glad you liked it ;).

it's not really hard to produce the effects in AE (except for the explosion), but it is time consuming. And Finalcut can deff do the same effects probably just as easy as AE can

Back