Just Wow. Holy Condo, Batman!

One57

For those of you well-heeled Indietalkers among us, I may have found the new residence for you. ;)

Well...maybe after you've made a billion dollar blockbuster or two or three?

If you need to ask, you can't afford it. No riff-raff allowed.
smiley_colbert.gif

Okay, this post has been fairly heavily edited at this point...but I think it's the better for it, though. =)

The New York Times has dubbed it "the global billionaires club," and for good reason. At least of two of the apartments are under contract for more than $90 million each. Others, more modest, range in price from $45 million to more than 50 million.

-- Bill Moyers

Well, I had known that The New York Times had published at least one article about it. I could have looked it up then, in the first place. Anyway. Here goes.

The New York Times: Rising Tower Emerges as a Billionaires’ Haven

The New York Times: Two Billionaire Buyers Revealed at One57

The top-floor penthouse, which spans nearly 11,000 square feet, sold for about $95 million, a city record.

-- Alexei Barrionuevo (writer of the above article)

=)

Last edited:
I know, I was thinking about that too. I'd rather have a very nice single family house in a very nice neighborhood in the suburbs. But then, I wouldn't mind having that very nice single family house in a very nice neighborhood in the suburbs and one of those condos to stay in when I wanted to catch a Broadway show or whatever in NYC. ;)

There's a nice little "Easter egg" at about 32:03 in that video. Can you catch it? I didn't the first time around.

Last edited:
When we're tired of slumming it in our three-story apartment outside of Boston, now we know where to go. :D

I probably couldn't even afford to get a JOB at that building! :lol:

NYC.

The only place in the world where you can spend $10K a month on your residence and not have any control over the thermostat in winter.

An old college friend of my lady's lives in a building with that price tag and old school radiators for heat. There is no thermostat in the units, they just fire them up. If you get to hot you have to open windows.

Back