Just Wondering

I don't. I watch movies for entertainment not for a lesson in life. Thats ok if they do have a "message" but I don't want to feel like I'm constantly watching a community service message.

Sorry I get a little defensive with his movies because I think they're so awesome :)

No worries :) we all have our own opinions and I respect that. That's not to say I *don't* like movies for entertainments sake. It's just that my favorites always have something to say. Just my little quirk I suppose :D

Reservior Dogs: Pretty good. But, something about it, not sure what, doesn't put it on my top 10.

Pulp Fiction: On my top 10 favorites.

Donnie Darko: On my top 10 favorites.

Bad Lieutenant: Never seen.

Kill Bill Vol. 1 was decent/good, Vol. 2 was bad. all in my opinion.

Well, different people like different things in films.

I like the saying: You should write about what you need to learn about most.

So obviously, writers might learn something from some films.

I find that I learn different things from films that other's might not have noticed.

Mr.Blonde said:
Well, different people like different things in films.

I like the saying: You should write about what you need to learn about most.

I agree. I liked Big Fish b/c I thought the settings and how they made the shots look "dreamy" were beautiful. But a lot of people hated that movie (well, out of my friends who watched it b/c they were disappointed with Tim Burton's new style). But, I'm an art dawg, so I'm usually into the visual details of the films I watch.

scrappydy said:
Tim Burton's new style

Tell your friends that Burton's "new" style is actually his old style. He got away from it on a few movies, but returned to form on Grande Piscado. (that's Big Fish)

Poke

Very very true. The 'dreamy' appearance you speak of was used in Edward Scissorhands.. You know, with the snow & how it didn't snow until Edward was there.

Although I liked Sleepy Hollow, I consider it one of Burton's departures from his original style. If he'd done it ten years earlier, thet movie would have been creepy and cool.

Poke

This is all true, but I guess I should clarify for my friends' sakes...they mean his "new style" as in a brighter choice of story b/c it's not his usual dark story. I don't know if I'm making sense here. But, a lot of them didn't like the story and couldn't even sit through it to watch it or thought it was a waste of their money. I'm saying that I always like the art direction he has in his films so that's why I can bear to watch them. Although, I'm not all opposed to the plot of Big Fish. I get the feeling that I'm going to be like Ewan Mcgregor's character when I get older (always experiencing the oddest things and then having to tell the stories about them later). Haha! It almost happens to me on a regular basis, people never believe me.

Oh, I get you now. It was awfully cheery... *shudders* nah, that was one of the reasons I liked it. Yeah, it was kinda upbeat, while I found Edward Scissorhands kinda depressing..

Back