• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Just confirming here...

Loud Orange Cat

Pro Member
indiePRO
Pros, this thread is for you.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the RGB values for chroma green are

R0
G171
B57

If not, tell me how stupid I am and please correct me. I'm painting a 10x20 foot wall this so I don't have to hang my muslin, I'll leave that on the floor.

I plan on having the paint custom made with these values and want to make sure they're correct.

Thanks ^^

Last edited:
I have seen people use that ratio, but technically it's not pure green as you can see.

The most important part is the lighting, as you can key out just about any color that is well lit and does not exist in the foreground.

Also, if you are painting a wall, primer is your friend.

R0
G171
B57

Feels to me like 171 might be a little high in luminance for non-444 cameras, but I'm not sure.

Best bet might be though, if you have a piece of green mulsin already, is to take a sample in and try and have them match it. I'd advise smaller tins first and try it out, also use some sort of sealer or primer (shellac based is what I prefer) as an undercoat to just even up the base and seal against any potential oils or dirt that may be lurking, all of which will affect the final top coat.

CraigL

Back