• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

John Hinkley Jr. movie?

If I did a movie that depicted John Hinkley Jr. Who we all know tried to kill Ronald Reagan because he was obsessed with the movie Taxi Driver and Jodie Foster. Would there have to be any permission to do so. I'm looking for something small to do as a first feature, after I get my shorts done and I thought why not do something based up on a true story, and only requires a few actors.

John Hinkley happened to also be the name of a Superhero series character that aired during that time. Hinkley was known as the "Greatest American Hero" and thus was the title of the series. I "think" the producers actually changed the character's name as a result of Reagan's assassination attempt. As I recall that was what happened. Not too many people remember that this happened.

-Birdman

John Hinkley happened to also be the name of a Superhero series character that aired during that time. Hinkley was known as the "Greatest American Hero" and thus was the title of the series. I "think" the producers actually changed the character's name as a result of Reagan's assassination attempt. As I recall that was what happened. Not too many people remember that this happened.

-Birdman

that's pretty interesting.

I just looked it up. His name in the series was "Ralph Hinkley" and was changed to "Ralph Hanley" after the attempt on Reagan. I also read that it was later changed back to Hinkley after the event was considered old news.

yes! ....Interesting how society reacts to things like that.

-Birdman

Back