• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Jesus The Remake teaser trailer

feature length modren day adaption of the whole Jesus story... has it been done?

Mmm... Probably not exactly the way you are doing it

But you know, it's just such an over saturated subject. and if you have to have me name one then um.... The Judas Project?

you should instead make a film about a bunch of drunks trying to make a bridge out of empty liquor bottles, then have the wu tang clan come in with a construction company and tar the thing over, lay down a red carpet for the cut up drunks to stumble across.

you should instead make a film about a bunch of drunks trying to make a bridge out of empty liquor bottles, then have the wu tang clan come in with a construction company and tar the thing over, lay down a red carpet for the cut up drunks to stumble across.

... What? :weird:

Anyway! My point is that, because it's an over saturated subject matter, and such a contriversal topic. If not done correctly, you could end up offending 1/3 of the population by the sheer fact you are mocking Jesus, repel 1/3 of the population who's not all that into drugs and alcohol, and bore the other 1/3 with cliches, resulting in a 3rd rate movie, that's probably gonna get a 3 on IMDB if it even makes it there.

But if done properly, it might actually work. Though given how many films failed, i wouldn't bet my money on making a film about it.

But if done properly, it might actually work. Though given how many films failed, i wouldn't bet my money on making a film about it.

Oh come on, dude. What's to say this guy isn't a good writer and won't do it well? Have you read the screenplay? Do you assume because someone posts on a message board they are not capable of making a great, original film?

@OP, I love a good christian satire, so I'm looking forward to seeing this. :cool: I gotta say though, the trailer did nothing for me. 1:30 is a little long for a 'teaser' and all it was was some plain text and then a photograph with a zoom effect.

Oh come on, dude. What's to say this guy isn't a good writer and won't do it well? Have you read the screenplay? Do you assume because someone posts on a message board they are not capable of making a great, original film?

@OP, I love a good christian satire, so I'm looking forward to seeing this. :cool: I gotta say though, the trailer did nothing for me. 1:30 is a little long for a 'teaser' and all it was was some plain text and then a photograph with a zoom effect.

its just a teaser. full trailer coming soon as we have the money shot/Crucifixion wouldn't be a proper trailer without it...

And it is a great screenplay I'm morbidly obsessed with christian mythology and plotholes

... What? :weird:

Anyway! My point is that, because it's an over saturated subject matter, and such a contriversal topic. If not done correctly, you could end up offending 1/3 of the population by the sheer fact you are mocking Jesus, repel 1/3 of the population who's not all that into drugs and alcohol, and bore the other 1/3 with cliches, resulting in a 3rd rate movie, that's probably gonna get a 3 on IMDB if it even makes it there.

no one should ever make a movie cause it might be bad.... great advice!

no one should ever make a movie cause it might be bad.... great advice!

mmm... you are right, i probably shouldn't be so pessimistic about a film that have not been made from a person i don't know.

I wish you luck, and hope you will create something that stands out from the ocean of religious-mocking films. And re-set the standard.

Back