• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch James The Janitor - Award Winning Short Film

Thanks! Yeah he is great. He actually won the best actor award at a local film festival for this movie, so that was cool.

I absolutely loved this,I've watched it 4 times.The only thing I don't like is the amount of travelling shots,think a couple of them could have been different,but other than that its one of my favourite shorts and its stuck with me all week.

Thank you. I'm so glad that you liked it. I agree, there are a lot of dolly shots. We shot other things around the school that weren't on the dolly, but they didn't quite fit in with the flow of the edit.

That's great that it is one of your favourite shorts! What about it did you like? What stuck with you?

The concept I thought was great,it was like a standard pull back and reveal joke but the reveal was actually a touching moment as opposed to a funny punch line.The Napoleon Dynamite/Juno esque feel really worked as well.Were the shots of the food taken from Napoleon Dynamite?

The music stuck with me and the poignant moment when Uncle Oscar hears the music and has that moment of clarity and thanks James,brilliant!

The food shots weren't taken from Napoleon Dynamite, at least not on purpose. I'm just a fan of symmetrical compositions. But there's definitely a chance that it influenced me without me realizing it. I have seen that film and do enjoy it. Most of the influence on style comes from directors like Paul Thomas Anderson and Stanley Kubrick.

And yeah, the Actor who played the Uncle is amazing. The look on his face is perfect.

The food shots weren't taken from Napoleon Dynamite, at least not on purpose. I'm just a fan of symmetrical compositions. But there's definitely a chance that it influenced me without me realizing it. I have seen that film and do enjoy it. Most of the influence on style comes from directors like Paul Thomas Anderson and Stanley Kubrick.

And yeah, the Actor who played the Uncle is amazing. The look on his face is perfect.

Yer the whole introduction to Napoleon Dynamite is shots just like that,and they are repeated in the film too,cracking shots.

Back