Jack of all trades from West Coast Canada and Mainland SE Asia

Hi,

I have the privilege of working, in Asia mostly, for a visionary European filmmaker in multiple capacities: actor, location scout, line producer, producer, casting and costume manager, camera and lighting assistant, and now festival submission manager. Our cast and crew has varied from 3 to 50.

In the past I have been a newsletter editor, author, reporter, teacher, documentary video maker, executive assistant, door to door salesman and I also operated a retail service business for many years Now, I do whatever is needed by ONE filmmaker. My strengths are flexibility, thinking on my feet, working long hours, creativity, travelling wherever I am needed, confidentiality and loyalty. My weaknesses are math, memory, machines and technology. So, the computer and equipment parts I find troublesome. But dealing with people, places and the story - I love. Also assisting with writing and proofreading. I do not work in the technical part of post-production at all.

I am not a young man and learning the changes in technology since I made my own video documentaries in the mid-1990s to early 2000s is indeed a challenge. Nothing makes me happier than the unknown in film. We do not work with a script per se.

Back