I've hit the wall, need practical advice

I have to hand in my final major project for 21st of may. It has to be a piece of moving image and i hope to make a short narrative film. I havent shot a frame yet! or thought of a solid idea. I had tons of ideas before but they just werent practical. Now i have a new idea. My interests are action or military/thriller and i have an idea about an SAS soldier evading capture and the short film is just him constantly on the run although im not sure how to make this interesting. Either that or just give me some advice on a practical short action film or thriller. I have very little budget and few actors. I have good post production though.

Escape and evading from tracking dogs is always an exciting scene. You can show how the SAS Soldier attempts to throw off his scent through various quick techniques (using pepper from his field rations, tossing clothes of in another direction, going acros water, etc), nothing like the sound of barking dogs chasing you to get the blood flowing. Just an idea, hell you don't even need an actual dog if you can get the dog sound byte in Post. All you need is one individual playing the SAS guy and add the sound later.

There are lots of questions that you have to answer for yourself before you can begin writing. What/who is he running from? Why is he running from it/them? Will he escape? How does he escape (or how is he captured)? You should start with the ending, and then you can work backwards from there.

Its ok i've got a new idea that doesnt involve sas. Basically its based on the game fahrenheit but has some different characters. For example the main characters brother is a cop not a priest and this is also quite practical as it needs little in the way of costumes, just formal dress and some good montages and dialougue scenes the explain the story

Back