itunes for $300?

hey everybody,

i read many times on this forum we can put our indie movie for $300 on itunes. But i cant find any links to do that.

Where is possible to do that?

Is someone did before?

actually, we tried few times to put it via indieflix and our own company but Apple people just say closed their doors to indie (as usual ;)).

thanks for your help guys!

other question, is there a way to guide people who buy a movie on amazon to our own amazon product page?

Tunecore charges a $750.00 setup fee to get a standard definition film up for sale on iTunes, pending approval from iTunes. Another called Stonehenge Productions (as I recall) charges the same price. This compares with audio CD's which Tunecore only charges $30 a year for distribution on all digital download sites including iTunes and Amazon's digital store.

I believe that Apple is the company that is making most of this money -- not the distributor (Tunecore or Stonehendge). No wonder their stock is soaring! Obviously $750 is an insane rip off. I have to believe that this price is going to come down in months and years to come. For now I refuse to pay $750 and I let it be known to Tunecore. Hopefully Apple will stop ripping off filmmakers in the near future.

By the way I don't think consumers have warmed up to digital downloads of movies. Does anyone have any statistics? I have CD's that I sell and I'd say 14 out of 15 people download off iTunes and Amazon now. Nobody is buying CD's! Hopefully things will be the same with movies. It just isn't happening now. So this is one more BIG reason now to pay $750 for digital distribution!

Last edited:
I found some statistics. Digital Entertainment Group did a study that found that there was only about 1 digital download movie sale for every 6 1/2 Blue Ray or DVD sales in the 1st quarter of 2009. Not sure where it's at now. It is growing. They say within 10 years all media is gonna die out. Very little DVD or CD sales. Hard to image books dying out. I still like to have a hard copy to read.

Back