It's official...critics hate my movie as much as everyone else who's watched it..

Another awesomely bad review...this time it's from Film Threat. They're the world's most visited film website. I guess bad publicity is better than no publicity, right?

Okay, I actually don't really hate my movie...but I'm not proud of it either. OU uncovered was my first film. I was never really satisfied with it, but I thought it was okay. Two terrible reviews later, I'm wondering how it got selected for two nationally known film festivals. Oh well. This just inspires me to make better films anyway.

Maybe I should be a publicist. I can obviously get press coverage, but can't make movies...hmmmm

At the time, didn't critics pan 'Citizen Kane'?

Logan L, sorry about the review your work received. You've got a good attitude towards the critique, sometimes they can aid in revision, sometimes they are mean-spirited and written by those with no vision. (and no hope-so sez George W. Carver) That's why they're so cranky :)

Last edited:
I liked the out take at the end. Really funny, yet we shouldn't laugh at people who fall off bikes. :no:

Well, I respect Eric Campos. I gave him my film for an honest review, and that's what I got. That movie got another bad review a while back. I think it IS just meant for certain people (college age stoners). Eh, whatayagonnado?

Bad review or not, I can at least say "I've been featured in Film Threat" on my resume, haha.

Thanks kmjsc!

We didn't know that girl. She just randomly rode her bike in front of our camera and fell. I thought it was hilarious (I've been there, so I can laugh).

:bang: Critics, just people with opinions, no better or worse than anyone else. Don't let it get you down and especially don't listen to the voices in your head that tell you that you can't make films.

Take any useful information from the review, that will help you with your next project and then move on.

Just watched the download and honestly man....I can't see what the critic has a problem with?? It's a cute Mockumentary and there wasn't anything that I could see that would imply that it was supposed to be taken seriously (like the reviewer said) You didn't imply nor say that it was supposed to be taken as hard news, so where he got that from I just don't get.....I thought it was funny and well filmed. The guy did say in his review that he "didn't get it" so take him at his word....it really apears to me that he honestly didn't get it. Some people are just like that. Personally I liked it and thought you did a good job with it. But then again I like South Park and I "get it" when they do spoofs and mocks on Saturday Night Live.

Don't loose any sleep over it man, you did a good job and the film is funny and well done. (Love the explanation of the shark hahaha) and your editing choice to cut to the confused look was great. Also read the titles under peoples names, that was great too.

LOGAN L Productions said:
Another awesomely bad review...this time it's from Film Threat. They're the world's most visited film website. I guess bad publicity is better than no publicity, right?

Okay, I actually don't really hate my movie...but I'm not proud of it either. OU uncovered was my first film. I was never really satisfied with it, but I thought it was okay. Two terrible reviews later, I'm wondering how it got selected for two nationally known film festivals. Oh well. This just inspires me to make better films anyway.

Maybe I should be a publicist. I can obviously get press coverage, but can't make movies...hmmmm

Logan,

A good critic I'm sure could/would find some flaws, but I loved it. I think that it was a great first movie. And I don't even like OU!

Chris

I wouldn't worry, at least you got some reviews. I got some bad ones for "Redemption" and some good ones, at the end of the day to my thinking it's how you feel about it and to learn from them. Just keeping making them with a good heart and a clear head.

Peace,
Redemption

Thanks guys, for the kind words. Also thankyou, froderus, for your GOOD review, haha.

I know that at the end of the day there are many factors that go into a review such as opinion and taste...but I won't completely dismiss everything Campos said. It's not like it was an artsy, personal piece. It was supposed to be entertaining and it didn't entertain that critic. It's all good.

I know that SOME people liked it, so it wasn't a waste :)

Yes I agree, I really didn't get that many good reviews on my flick. But it's all about the next movie. Just makes you a better filmmaker. Keep your head up Logan.

Back