• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Issues with changing light

So ok my current camera is an FS200, so I've been toying around with it recently and I noticed that when I direct it at a window basically I think this huge bright spot that then eventually comes into focus. But the problem is the surrounding of the window become almost black when I have the camera pointing at it.

But then once I move away from the window, things suddenly brighten up again.

Now is this a lighting issue or an auto white balance type of issue? I'd appreciate any help on how to fix this problem.

Thanks,

Blanc/Noir

OK Well I found how to work my manual exposure. But even then it barely helps. First off I can only change it with the joystick which leaves clicks in the audio and in this situation it is practically working the same as the auto.

Hmm. Looking at the manual for your camera, it seems the manual exposure setting is a little weird. It should be possible to set it and leave it during the shot, no? Generally in that situation you would bring up the light level of the room a bit so that the window is brighter, but not entirely blown out, depending on what you were shooting and such.

Hmm. Looking at the manual for your camera, it seems the manual exposure setting is a little weird. It should be possible to set it and leave it during the shot, no? Generally in that situation you would bring up the light level of the room a bit so that the window is brighter, but not entirely blown out, depending on what you were shooting and such.

Yeah I was thinking getting the window to where it is clearly visible to look through and then pump up the rooms lighting. I'll give it a test later.

Back