Is This A Good Deal For A Editing Laptop?

So I found this laptop online for 789$ and I was wondering if It is a good deal or if I should keep on looking
Specs:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3317U Mobile Processor 1.70 GHz 3M Smart Cache, Max Turbo Freq. 2.60 GHz
HDD: 60 GB Intel 520 Series SSD SATA-III 6.0Gb/s - 550 MB/s Read & 520 MB/s Write (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 8GB (8GBx1) DDR3-1333 SODIMM Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
MOTHERBOARD: Mobile Intel HM77 Express Chipset Mainboard
SOUND: HD Azalia 24bit Audio
VIDEO: Intel HD Graphics 4000 DirectX 11 Support Integrated Video
789.00$

You could do better than that. Graphics card is really poor, but that shouldn't matter too much if your just using it solely for video editing. Unless you have an external HDD, then you are going to run out of space pretty quickly.

Does it have to be a laptop, because I can spec you some really good desktop PC's for editing on a small budget?

So I found this laptop online for 789$ and I was wondering if It is a good deal or if I should keep on looking
Specs:
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-3317U Mobile Processor 1.70 GHz 3M Smart Cache, Max Turbo Freq. 2.60 GHz
HDD: 60 GB Intel 520 Series SSD SATA-III 6.0Gb/s - 550 MB/s Read & 520 MB/s Write (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 8GB (8GBx1) DDR3-1333 SODIMM Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
MOTHERBOARD: Mobile Intel HM77 Express Chipset Mainboard
SOUND: HD Azalia 24bit Audio
VIDEO: Intel HD Graphics 4000 DirectX 11 Support Integrated Video
789.00$

judging by those specs.. i can see you know nothing about computing.. my advice... do not buy that piece of crap, a cpu of 1.7 Ghz? good luck with that, SSD of 60gb - good for boot up only you need an additional drive in there, RAM is not a biggie, sound not really an issue to be honest.

Iv seen better laptops prices at £300, was this a friend that offered you this laptop by any chance?

Yeah my friend recommended it for me it's customizable so I probably switched some thing on it but if you have any recommendations under 1k that would we awesome.

The more power the better for editing, if your running in 1080p then make sure the monitor specs match that and likely look at a 3rd or 4th gen i7 chip computer. Your also going to need either a HHD or Hybrid drive (SSD are too small unless you want to spend more than the computer itself to have enough for 1 decent project + software). Onboard graphic card is going to be 'meh' unless you have NVIDIA or AMD based cards.

Back