Is micro-budget DSLR gear really good enough to make a real movie out of?

That's what a lot of people have been saying on here, that technically you can shoot a feature film on a Canon T2i or something like that if you want to, and the types of lens that come with them. But I haven't found one successful feature film that was distributed to DVD or even theaters, that got people's attention. Do you think these movies were rejected cause of the low grade equipment? Is saying that it it's do-able something we are all telling ourselves, when really it's the reason why there hasn't been a successfully released feature, shot with that level of equipment? At least not any I can find.

If you shot 'Harmonica's Gran Torino' using a RED whatever and your local yokels just how many theaters do you think would carry it?

What are the two reasons 'Gran Torino', which didn't require any super duper special effects of fancy @ss anything, made any money?

If you shot 'Harmonica's Gran Torino' using a RED whatever and your local yokels just how many theaters do you think would carry it?

What are the two reasons 'Gran Torino', which didn't require any super duper special effects of fancy @ss anything, made any money?

1. Compelling story

2. Star power of director/actor Clint Eastwood

Back