Is making such a concept trailer a good idea?

Hello.

So I finished my script and I found a lot of people helping me out .

I'm very very excited about it so I was thinking of creating a concept trailer. I'll go tomorrow for some shooting but the thing is that I was considering of adding different parts of different movie trailers to the concept trailer.

For instance the film take place in 1942 and even though I found 2 people owning such cars to help me I still have to pay.

So I was thinking of getting a scene from a movie that has 1940 cars for couple of frames .

Or for action sequence that is very very similar to what I'm looking for to achieve.

I don't care of copyright and all that since I'll be showing it mainly to friends and family to see what I might be able to achieve and what is my goal.

Is this a good idea ? Can I get to any trouble for doing that or something ?

What is your opinion?

Hello.

So I finished my script and I found a lot of people helping me out .

I'm very very excited about it so I was thinking of creating a concept trailer. I'll go tomorrow for some shooting but the thing is that I was considering of adding different parts of different movie trailers to the concept trailer.

For instance the film take place in 1942 and even though I found 2 people owning such cars to help me I still have to pay.

So I was thinking of getting a scene from a movie that has 1940 cars for couple of frames .

Or for action sequence that is very very similar to what I'm looking for to achieve.

I don't care of copyright and all that since I'll be showing it mainly to friends and family to see what I might be able to achieve and what is my goal.

Is this a good idea ? Can I get to any trouble for doing that or something ?

What is your opinion?

If you can get your idea across that way, go for it!

Rian Johnson did the exact same thing when he was developing Looper. You can see his trailer here:
http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2012/10/15/looper-proof-of-concept-trailer/

And he was already a pretty established director at that point, so if he can do it so can you.

Back