Is $3500 a good deal for a used Movcam stabilizer?

I looked on craigslist two weeks ago, and some guy was selling a Movcam stabilizer with vest and monitor and case and everything for $5000. Now I saw he dropped the price to $3500.

Should I be jumping all over this right now? He said he paid $9000 four years ago for it. I need it for my friend's redcam but Id use it with my black magic cinema too

Movcam stabilizer with vest and monitor and case and everything for $5000. Now I saw he dropped the price to $3500.

Should I be jumping all over this right now? He said he paid $9000 four years ago for it.

Impossible to say, without knowing which model. There's several available, from fullsize getups to dslr camera size.

I need it for my friend's redcam but Id use it with my black magic cinema too

There's a huge difference in size & weight between a Black Magic & a Red model. You'd want to be using a rig suitable for your camera.

Batteries for monitor? hook up?

What kind of rig? small? large?

Do you have any experience at all in steadicam? Know how to balance a rig?

What rig will you have on your RED? Body + Ultra Prime? or body + Angie zoom + Side Handle + monitors + rails + matte box etc. What about on your BMCC?

They both have very different weights and you need to take that into consideration. Is it a big enough rig able to support the RED?

There's a whole lot more to steadicam than most realise, and that's why there's very few at the top of the industry, and it's also why they get paid $$$$$/day

Back