• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Integrating 2.5D Set with Green Screen Footage. wScreenshot

Hey guys,
I have a simple scene where the guy comes and sits down in the chair. As he sits down and starts writing the whole right side was removed via simple mask and so I have managed to get a decent key however, I want to replace the rest of the scene with a delaphidated room using 2d images in 3d with a slow dolly in shot.. Tips/tutorials anything welcome..
Can you guys point me in the right direction please..

Cropped image of the screen area..

34qv4pf.jpg

Many thanks//

videocopilot.net is the resource for this type of stuff... if you haven't done too much fx work, start with the beginner's tuts and work forward from there, this is actually a relatively easy task, once you get into the mindset of it.

Hey man!

A couple suggestions that may help:
- To get a clean key, try to eliminate those wrinkles as much as possible. It makes a huge difference if you can stretch the fabric across the wall. This smooth/flat surface allows for more even light across the surface.
- You may find it easier to pull the foreground props and subject away from the wall for easier lighting of the entire greenscreen. Even if you are tracking/camera-matching, you can use the foreground objects as a reference to place the virtual wall right where it needs to go in 3D space, though it would help to have some sort of tracking reference in the same plane as where the virtual wall will go.

I have a simple scene where the guy comes and sits down in the chair. As he sits down and starts writing the whole right side was removed via simple mask and so I have managed to get a decent key however, I want to replace the rest of the scene with a delaphidated room using 2d images in 3d with a slow dolly in shot.
You may have to do this in two steps or try it two different ways.

Way 1 Step One: Use the mask to allow the right side to reveal. Save, left side still green.
What was really two layers is now one.
Way 1 Step Two: Layer the above Save over the additional image, allow green to reveal additional image.

Way 2 Step One: Layer the right background over the left background through whatever masking capabilities your NLE has. Save as one image.
Way 2 Step two: Layer greenscreen foreground over the above Saved background, key out greenscreen.

Thanks guys... I actually went the route 1 as rayw suggested.. I got really decent results from primatte keyer.. Cause of the deadline i didnt have enough time to set it up properly but those resources helped a lot.. thanks

Back