• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

Inside My Head - A music video by Merlot Embargo

Really nice work, Nate. The colors, the, I guess, palate, has a sweet and unique feel, the city/nature scapes are lovely, and I like the kind of topiary heads. Just really nice.

Thanks! I tried to theme the whole thing around Merlot colors, but ended up with mostly purple. It's mostly supposed to represent the singer's internal mental world, as she tries to find optimism and keep a positive attitude during tragic circumstances, which is what I understood to be the message of the song.

Last edited:
It's mostly supposed to represent the singer's internal mental world, as she tries to find optimism and keep a positive attitude during tragic circumstances
Yes. I got that, It supported, and helped create, the mood of the song, without, i think, calling undue attention to itself.

Yes. I got that, It supported, and helped create, the mood of the song, without, i think, calling undue attention to itself.
Right. That's the goal. When you're making a music video, you're essentially playing bass, meaning that your role is a supporting one. In this video, it's all about the song, and that's how it should be.

Kind of surprised these guys aren't signed yet. Really solid work at every stage of the mix.

Last edited:
Really solid work at every stage of the mix.

I agree. Although not my genre (where's the counterpoint? lol)--edging a little toward sappy, but still, I think, well on this side.

Last edited:
Back