• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Informational Video

I'm making a documentary style informational video for the organization I interned with this past summer. They want words on the screen, no spoken words. How should the font look? Unified all on the bottom? Same colors? What colors should I even choose to put on top of video and pictures? I started with just white text and a drop shadow like it was subtitles, but I'm not sure it's working.

Also, how long do you usually give a reader for a short phrase on the screen such as "BIBLEplus+ are rugged, simple-to-use, solar-powered audio players."

Thanks for the help. I've tried to get information from them, but they have no idea what they even want, so I'm looking elsewhere for help.

If you're going for the captioning look, google "closed captioning" -- there are industry standards for captions regarding fonts, length, size, amount of time, et al. This is an ideal format to use if you're going to caption instead of voiceover.

Back