IndieGoGo / Kickstarter Question

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this, but just out of curiosity:

Let's say someone has a crowdfunding campaign on either of these platforms and one of the tier rewards has a limit (like quantity of 4). If you hit that quantity and people still contribute within that tier, are you still responsible for awarding the prize if it's over the quantity you hit? Second part to this question: What happens once you've hit your goal and you still receive money; are you still required to reward your contributors?

Sorry if this is a silly question. I don't have a campaign; I was just curious in general about it. Thanks guys!

First question: You wouldn't reward the limited one (unless you change your mind.. not a good idea). When the donate they should see that it is full so they would get the reward from the next closest (down reward). For example

$30 reward DVD copy and special thanks
$35 reward Signed DVD copy and special thanks (limited 4).

You've sold out on the signed copies but they pay $35, you would give them the $30 reward..

Second question.
Yes.

First question: You wouldn't reward the limited one (unless you change your mind.. not a good idea). When the donate they should see that it is full so they would get the reward from the next closest (down reward). For example

$30 reward DVD copy and special thanks
$35 reward Signed DVD copy and special thanks (limited 4).

You've sold out on the signed copies but they pay $35, you would give them the $30 reward..

Second question.
Yes.

Awesome, man, thanks!

:cool:

When people pledge to a Kickstarter, they select the tier they are going to receive. If they want a $35 limited tier that is sold out and pledge $35 or more, they still won't be able to select that tier because the tier will be greyed out. If, as the person running the Kickstarter, you want there to be another reward at that value, you can always add a new tier at any point. So if you sell out, you can replace the tier with something else. Or you can add more of the same reward!

Source: I'm still in the middle of running a Kickstarter for my first feature film! Check it out: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jasmerrin/sleepwalkers-feature-film

Back