• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Increasing mbps for H264 blu ray

Hey hey hey

Any way to increase the maximum 35mbps for H264 blu ray preset that appears in Compressor and Adobe Media Encoder?

I need to increase due to banding issues that's appearing when using the preset. I've done a few work around including changing the mulitplexer in ME, but Encore still wants to compress it again. Also dealing with Media Encoder not giving me the correct file size. I set it for 35mbps and it gives me 25. 1 pass, 2 pass and CBR... none of it comes out that accurate for H264 and H264 blu ray preset.

As of now the short is 28 minutes. I have a master prores 4444 out of Resolve which came from R3d and DPX files. After using the H264 blu ray preset, it compresses the 49GB master (with no banding issues) to 6GB... I'd like it around 9 or 10GB. Which seems to help the banding out. I know I might not be able to get rid of all of it, but I love to get a good portion of it out.... plus the overall image doesn't look that clean for a blu ray.

Any possible way to do this? Or am I stuck with the 35mbps?

Back