• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

misc Improving performances

Hello Fellow Editors and Filmmakers!

I'd love to hear any tips or tricks you may have learned or discovered, to improve an actor's performance in the editing room. Thank you very much for whatever you can offer to build this knowledge base for such an important topic!

I don't think there is a trick to it. You have to cut out the bad parts by showing something else, like a reaction shot.
Sometimes you can't even show the actor speaking the dialogue because its so bad, and you have to show the back of their head with the dialogue and really cut down on the amount of face time the actor has - if they aren't at the same caliber as the rest of your cast.

I don't think there is a trick to it. You have to cut out the bad parts by showing something else, like a reaction shot.
Sometimes you can't even show the actor speaking the dialogue because its so bad, and you have to show the back of their head with the dialogue and really cut down on the amount of face time the actor has - if they aren't at the same caliber as the rest of your cast.
Thank you very much!

Back