I'm Still Around! (What I've Been Up To)

Hey Everyone!

I've been absent on IndieTalk for the better part of the past year, which was somewhat abrupt after being one of the more active members here for over four years. So, I wanted to throw up a post in the lounge to let you all know what I've been up to!

The reason I've distanced from IndieTalk is because I had a massive change of heart and decided to pursue my music instead of film. Thus, I haven't had a need to come and discuss film with you guys. This was a passionate change in direction that happened slowly over the the course of many years. I'm still hoping to be involved with film, though, since music is such an intrinsic part of that industry as well.

I released my ninth studio album in November and have been remastering my catalog the past few months. (The nine records I've released over the past few years, many of which I've shared with all of you and some of you have used them in your projects. Speaking of which, how did the IndieTalk community film project go? I remember I handed over 'Going West to Search for Gold' to Josh and Nick for use in the film awhile back.)

More recently, though, I started a podcast. It's called the Jukebox, and it's a curated, well-designed show each month with over two hours of very high quality independent music that might not have an opportunity to be heard anywhere else. It's a project I'm very, very passionate about, and it's a by-a-music-lover for the rest-of-the-music-lovers out there type project. If you enjoy music, I'll link it below! (I so appreciate people tuning in and listening to it. It's a massive labor of love and something I'm so very proud of.)

In any case, this community was so important to me for years, and I'm going to attempt to stay involved, at least, in some capacity. (Perhaps in relation to music.)

I hope everyone is well! The forum seems to be thriving as always and our community seems to have grown!

http://thejukebox.podbean.com/e/episode-1-march-2015/

Best,

Brett

Welcome back! Just downloaded the podbean app so I can follow your podcast.

Thank you! Always great to hear. It's been a labor of love getting it off of the ground the past two months. We've had some wonderful opportunities to feature some great music and will continue to do so every month. Thanks for tuning in!

Good to see you're still around! I've been following your stuff on Soundcloud; I'll have to check out your podcast!

Back