• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

I'm looking for a script to produce

Hi,

my name is Davide, i'm from Italy.
I'm working on the production of a short film (from 6 to 10 minutes) that i will present in some film competition here in Italy.
I'm looking for someone who can develop a script based on the film incipit that i'll explain in a minute.
This will be a paid job. The author of the chosen script will be paid in order to let me use the script for my production and will also be credited as the writer of the film.
The pay is $150.
I'm leaving an email address at the end to which you can ask for more details and send your script.

Here's the film main idea:

A record producer goes to a jazz club to look for his next artist to produce.
The show begins and the producer is completely charmed (I hope i'm using the right verb, but i think you will understand anyway) by what he's hearing and he wants to sign the artist.
The jazz club will be the only location, so all of what is written in the script takes place here.

The mail is:

script.project@mail.com

I'm looking forward to read your scripts.
Fell free to ask any question here or via mail.

Thanks,

Davide

EDIT:
I was wondering if you know any other place on the web where i can submit a screenwriting job offer. Do you know any other website?

Last edited:
Hi Davide. Thanks for the offer and congrats for a smart decision to arrange a competition. You forgot to mention the deadline. Otherwise things look clear.

If you google "screenwriter forums" it says that these are the best:

Done Deal Pro – “The Business and Craft of Screenwriting.”
The Black Board – The Official Writing Community of the Black List and Go Into The Story. 
”Read. Write. Review. Discuss. Succeed.”
ScriptChat – “where screenwriters chat, share and learn — it’s not a competition, it’s a community” also on Twitter at #scriptchat and @scriptchat
INDIETALK.com – “The Internet’s #1 Filmmaking Forum – Since 2003.” (a filmmaking community)
Simply Scripts – Forum completely dedicated to Screenwriters. Lots of screenplays too!
Writing Forums – Writing help, writing workshops, and community writing.
Stage 32 Lounge – “From Fade In to Fade Out to all points in between.” Finding a manager, contest rankings, coverage, craft – This is the place to discuss all things screenwriting.
Reddit / Screenwriting – Submit anything screenwriting-related. This is one subreddit where it’s okay to promote your own stuff! Just please do so judiciously.
ScriptShadow – Founded as a site where produced screenplays were broken down, Carson Reeves has grown ScriptShadow into a vibrant community for script tips and analysis.
Wordplay – Ted Elliott and Terry Rossio, the screenwriters behind Pirates of the Caribbean founded this pro-screenwriting resource. While they don’t post often, they do have an active forum worth keeping an eye on.
Write to Reel – Definitely worth a look, the forum on this site is smart and user-driven.

Back