I’m here, I suppose

Hello! I’m Andrew, and I know very little about actual filmmaking. But that’s okay, because I’m a composer, not a screenwriter or director or producer. Unfortunately, I have nothing of quality on which I can practice film scoring, so I’d love to get in touch with someone for that enriching sort of opportunity. Perhaps I can add something to your film too :)

Unfortunately, I have nothing of quality on which I can practice film scoring, so I’d love to get in touch with someone for that enriching sort of opportunity. Perhaps I can add something to your film too :)

There is lots of Public Domain footage available on the Prelinger Archives on which you could practice. When I was starting out I used clips from there to practice my sound design/editing - pick a clip, pull out the audio and replace all of the sound effects and Foley, then cut up some other music to fit. Working the dialog could be challenging if there was score or lots of sound underneath, but that was just an exercise in "clean-up" or sometimes I would try (very badly) to substitute other dialog. Not a perfect solution, but practice is practice.

BTW, I would first pick something that I like, then my next "project" would be something that would be way outside of comfort zone. I would also do the same clip two or three different ways; one "traditional," one comedic, and one experimental/surreal.

Back