Ikonokop a-cam d-ii

1920x1080 *uncompressed* RAW at 12bit color. (Even the RED is compressed RAW)

C-mount from the get-go (super 16 lenses)

Compact, but still shaped like a film/video camera

Only thing I see missing is HD-SDI out.

http://www.ikonoskop.com/dii/

Nifty. Although a bit spendy for the "buy a camera and shoot myself approach." As a camera nerd though, I like where this is going.

Nice to see that the pixel-count mavens aren't entirely running the show. :D

Yes, I made a typo in the title, it is Ikonoskop.

That is...strange. Looks like good stats. I'd love to see some test footage.

Hmmm...weird shape. It seems to cradle into a shoulder mount really nicely, and I suppose that's all that's necessary.

More than 7 large though man! Nifty is nice but that quite a pocket full of sunshine!

True, but with the c-mount lens options and image specs you should be able to get quite a lot out of it.

Most likely not guerrilla director territory, but from a DoP perspective it's looks appealing. If I was someone who already had several thousand invested in s16 lenses I'd have ordered one yesterday. ;)

Think of it as a competitor for broadcast HD cameras with 2/3" format sensors. Proof though is in the image. The clips of the kittens on their site are alright, but not much of a test of dynamic range or resolution. I'd like to see some folks shoot with it before really deciding.

What I like most about this camera is that it pushes development into uncompressed image acquisition rather than just going for maximum pixel count or sensor size. That, among other techy-nerdy things, is something I would like to see more of. :yes:

Back