• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

I think I've painted myself into a plot hole.

I thought my script all added up, but I just realized a possible plot hole here. Basically a gang leader has evidence on his gang members, and another gang, which he does business with. The evidence is locked in safe, and he's using it as collateral, in case someone wants to turn on him. The safe is in a a building that he has someone keep watch of, and he gets a call that someone is breaking into the building, and therefore, possibly has motive to go for the safe, since that's what's in the building that's valuable.

The gang leader then calls members of the other gang to help out spur the moment, to help get the intruder. They all drive down there to get the intruder, as the intruder takes time to crack the safe. The intruder breaks into the safe, and almost gets away, but the members of the two gangs arrive. Killing and chaos ensues and the intruder ends up getting the upper hand and trapping the gang members. A member of the second gang who the leader called to help, escapes and ends up taking the evidence with him, to protect himself and the rest of them.

Now later on the cops capture this gang member, and with his back against the wall, he agrees to give the cops the evidence he obtained on all of them, if he is given a much lighter sentence, or immunity. whatever deal he can bargain with the evidence, if it's good enough. But here's the thing. After he escapes, why wouldn't he just have destroyed the evidence. Then whatever evidence the other gang's leader had, is gone, and nothing to worry about from that end. What reason does he have to keep the evidence safe?

-Of course if he is keeping that evidence which is some sort of document. We as the audience shall be waiting to find out how important that document is to him. We start to imagine there is info he too needs real bad from that document. Info he needs for something.

*Or may be - being in possession of that document in the Gang community is running the game. Something he would be ready to die for.

*All summed up, the reason the first gang leader kept the document should be the same reason this guy does not destroy it. Otherwise, everything in the script isn't happening. It is being created.

- The guy who causes this whole alarm could be someone hired by this gang member who keeps the evidence afterwards. This way, you have to make sure during the shoot out, his performance stands out. Otherwise, we do not even know who is attempting to steal the evidence from probably the most powerful gang leader. Matter of fact, you need to patch that too.

- Or, he knows that at all costs all of them have to go down. So, he stands in a better position having the evidence as a bargaining chip for a light sentence, or no sentence at all than when he destroys it and gets caught destroying it. WHAT WOULD YOU OPT FOR ANYWAY.

JUST SAYING...

Does he really know whats contained in the evidence? Perhaps he's trying to sort out what it is he's just made off with and only begins to understand it just as he's being picked up by the cops.

Well the second gang leader, needs some help which is why he tells the first gang and tells them that he has evidence against them. This compells the first gang to help out, cause their butts are on the line too, so that was the gang's motivation for coming along, but if he does not know and that's better, than I guess it could work, just so long as they would still come along otherwise.

Back