• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch I Need More Ideas For A Comedic Film Plot....

The basic idea for this 5 - 10 minute film is...
A boyfriend and a girlfriend each have to friends of their own, the boyfriend is talking to one of his mates about how he hasn't been on a date in about 5 months whilst the girlfriend is talking to her mate how she hasn't had a date in about 3 - 4 months. so the idea is the girlfriend and boyfriend set their friends up.
Now the Guy is quite Geeky, Nerdy, and very Organised whilst the girl is typically nice, sweet, kind, attractive, and fairly shy.
So the main scene is the date itself where the whole date is set up like an interview in which the guy is interviewing the girl and asking questions such as "What benefits would you bring to me as my girlfriend?" and so forth, and of course the end doesn't go well.

Anyway i need some more ideas on questions or responses to use in the dating scene some more jokes or issues to use to make the scene more comedic and to make the date look more and more like an interview.

Thanks for the help. :)

I think you'll get some good ideas if you google "commonly asked job interview questions".
That could get your creative juices flowing.

the guy could list his attributes, why hes so great. High Score in majong, tri state chess champion runner up, captain of the local Model Railroader Club stuff like that.. also something about "mother picks out my clothes, do you like this outfit?"

Do you have any preconceived bias against chronic flatulence?

Not that I have it, or that it would be bad if you had it,

...but one day you'll be meeting my father.

He rates his own by timbre, bass response, and physical reaction by others.

I have his eyes.

Do you like ferris wheels? When I was ten...

(kind of a nervous, disconnected ramble that would allow for good reaction shots)

The problem is that you don't have a plot, you have a sketch. Big difference. I love a good sketch, but don't confuse it for plot.

I'm a firm believer in the three-act arch. What is your conflict that needs to be resolved?

Back